There are various visible assets that you need to use as a coach, equivalent to a knowledge projector, slide present, video, PC output, and interactive whiteboards. One of many unique strategies utilized by trainers and nonetheless utilized in standby is the overhead projector.
You should use the OHP with the whiteboard as a display. The unit offers, for instance, the define of a statistical desk, a map of the nation, and also you or the scholars can write on the whiteboard and assemble the image. Nevertheless, the whiteboard might have a floor that displays some gentle which seems as a vivid spot – therefore restricted imaginative and prescient. Photos are printed or drawn on acetate sheets, that are positioned on the system and projected onto the display.
When utilizing OHP:
- flip off when image shouldn’t be wanted to cut back any attainable distraction from glare and noise;
- stay away from the picture by standing, neither in entrance of nor behind the projector, however subsequent to it;
- use a pointer on prime of the acetate to point key factors fairly than pointing to the display. While you level on the display, you masks a part of the picture by standing in entrance of it. Even placing a pencil on prime of the overhead projector is efficient;
- give your college students an opportunity to see your complete image earlier than they begin talking. This supplies an “superior organizer” for the scholars and can assist them take their very own notes;
- hold the caps on OHP pens in order that they don’t dry out rapidly because of the evaporation of warmth from the room and the projector;
- do not combine up your transparencies – have a system. Choose up on the left aspect of the projector, take away and retailer on the proper aspect.
- attempt to contain the scholars in your presentation of the slides. This may be completed via questions and solutions, leaving areas for your self or the scholars, or just anticipating them to take their very own notes;
The next design rules are priceless:
- hold it easy;
- not an excessive amount of info in phrases;
- not too many drawings;
- not too many particulars;
- one topic per slide;
- drawing on plain paper earlier than making the transparency;
- be sure that there’s a title on every slide;
- put the principle concept in the course of the image;
- guarantee satisfactory area at every fringe of the transparency;
- single phrases – key phrases as an alternative of phrases;
- not all uppercase – use each lowercase and uppercase.
For extra info on Studying to Train in Lifelong Studying (PTLLS) go to PTLLS courses.