Are you struggling to obtain academic excellence or wondering why you just can't be smart enough? Academic excellence is available to all who understand and adhere to certain basic principles. Your performance in academics should change as you practice the simple guidelines given below:
1) Be in a place of knowledge: This means you need to join a school or a place where you can be taught what you are seeking to excel in.
2) Concentrate and pay attention: Do not attend school physically and allow yourself to be mentally absent. Academic excellence is best achieved by paying attention while in class as this enhances your ability to remember the lessons you have been taught. Refuse to be distracted while in class.
3) Revision: Revise or revisit the lesson you have been taught. Revision just like repetition allows you to remember and master the lessons learnt. You cannot achieve academic excellence without the habit of revision.
4) Eat well: It is hard to concentrate well if you are hungry. It is also hard to concentrate when you are too full as this will cause you to be sleepy. Eat moderately.
5) Rest and sleep well: You need to rest your body and your mind. You will only hear the lesson with your physically ears but fail to understand it when you are mentally and physically tired. Take time to rest your mind and body through adequate sleep.
6) Avoid high temperatures: My personal experience is that exposure to direct high temperatures usually causes my mind to be dull or inactive. Avoid high temperatures if you are like me by studying in a cool environment.
7) Get necessary, relevant study materials: Relevant material is vital in your pursuit of academic excellence. Much has been written on different topics but not all is relevant today. Most of it becomes quickly outdated and irrelevant through ever increasing breakthroughs. This is why training sessions are vital for employees to refresh and update themselves on "the new".
8) Right company: The friendships you choose will either motivate you towards academic excellence or discourage you from it. Choose friends who motivate you to study. Choose friends who will help you pull up your socks in the subjects you are not doing well in. Academic excellence cannot be achieved by befriending those who have no value for education.
9) Create your environment: Noisy backgrounds distract some people from reading while to others this is just the perfect environment to read and study in. Discover what works for you in your pursuit of academic excellence and create it.
10) Exercise the mind towards remembrance: It is so easy to be overly dependent on modern technology until you no longer exercise, stretch and build your mind towards remembering even small details. Try doing several maths calculations mentally avoiding using the calculator to exercise and develop your mind towards alertness and keenness.
All the best as you strive to attain academic excellence.