Weaning is the gradual cessation of feeding the infant with breast milk by permitting him to find new strong meals. When introducing new meals, breastfeeding ought to proceed with the intention to complement the brand new weight-reduction plan. A child ought to begin feeding at 4-6 months of age, though the advisable age is six months. It is very important feed the infant at this age as a result of the dietary wants can’t be adequately met by means of breast milk and complementary feeding. Throughout this era, monitoring of the expansion of the infant also needs to be noticed to make sure that the expansion of the infant is monitored. The next elements must be taken into consideration when feeding, this contains:
1. New meals must be launched progressively, one after the other, to present the kid time to turn into acquainted with one kind of meals earlier than switching to a different kind of meals.
2. Begin by giving small quantities of meals, with the spoon growing the parts because the meals responds to the feed.
3. Do not drive child meals they do not like. If they do not like a selected kind of meals, it must be discontinued.
4. Feed the infant with a cup and a spoon.
5. Ensure that all feeding gear has been correctly sterilized earlier than use.
6. The primary meal must be very mushy and proceed to be stronger because the child grows.
7. As soon as the infant has accepted a kind of meals, feed it extra continuously to turn into extra acquainted with it.
8. Feed the infant half-hour after breastfeeding.
9. Take be aware that milk continues to be vital for the infant as a result of it comprises one of the best supply of vitamins. Subsequently, milk could be taken with meals and may also be used as a drink.
10. Put together meals in a hygienic setting, thus making them free from contamination.
11. Throughout feeding, the kid must be allowed to govern his feeding gear in such a approach as to contain him in feeding.
This feeding course of is generally very troublesome, however it is rather vital for each little one. All the above processes clarify the elements to contemplate throughout your kid’s first meal. Dad and mom ought to all the time be sure that meals are all the time balanced to make sure that the infant receives all of the vitamins proportionately. Even when feeding is launched, moms ought to proceed to breastfeed their infants till they’re sufficiently old to feed correctly.